Wednesday, March 28, 2007

what have i become?

last night i was listening to my music on my computer, and this song came on that continues to break me. listening to the words just makes me think about my life and where i am right now. the first verse especially. it is "i come into this place burning to receive Your peace i come with my own chains from wars i fought for my own selfish gains. You're my God and my Father i've accepted Your Son but my soul feels so empty now, what have i become?"

over the past couple days that's what i've been thinking. what have i become? it's time for a self-examination. time to let God take away the things that are displeasing to Him. time to really look at my life and get rid of the things that don't need to be there. time to get transparent with the people around me.

i don't know how i got here, but i'm determined not to stay. i'm determined to leave this place in my life. i'm determined to never return to this place again. i'm making a change, and it's for the better.

that's all for now. i think. maybe i'll write more later, but i think now i'm gonna go have lunch with my roommate and a couple other friends.

0 comments: