Wednesday, December 29, 2010

it's by grace and love that i am free

this week has been a busy one for me, and i'm looking forward to this weekend - getting away with friends and spending time bringing in the new year with them. i am SO blessed to be able to have friends who seek to honor God in what they do. i sometimes don't even know how to explain how blessed i feel to have friends like these ones.

this year, i want to strive to make time with God a priority. i've realized that lately, i've been putting God on the back burner in my life, and that isn't okay. He needs to be the #1 priority in my life, above the things that seem to take up all of my time. i am going to strive to make better use of my time, and even if there are things that i need to cut out, i am going to make time for Him. i've already decided on one big cut in my life, and i'm looking to cut another thing or two from my time demands. really, the only things that i HAVE to keep in my schedule are: awana, church on sunday, work, and caring for my great grandmother. cutting other things out will make more time for me to pursue God and what He has in store for me this next year. i think that it is going to be a big one.

looking back, last year at this time, i had so many other plans for my life. it is crazy to think that so many things can change in just 12 short months. i plan on allowing God to show me what this next chapter looks like...not that i'm not going to try and make plans and make those happen, i'm just excited to see where God leads me in this time frame.

when i think about the plans i had last year, i still have some of those plans, they have just been pushed back a little bit, and that's okay with me. i know that God isn't saying no, He is just saying that right now might not be the best time for those plans, and i agree.

well, i think i'm going to sign off for today...what are your goals for the new year?