Wednesday, December 27, 2006

and i'm at a loss for words

*sigh* this time of year never ceases to amaze me. as sad as it is to have everything different this Christmas, i don't think that i would want to change it. God has my entire family where they all need to be. i was talking with my grandma today while she was in town, and she decided that she is going to buy me new luggage for my birthday! and, that may not mean a lot to you, but that's really all i wanted for my birthday. now, i don't mean to say that there aren't other things i wanted at all, but the new luggage was at the top of my list, and i also knew that if i didn't get the other stuff, it wouldn't be a big deal, but the luggage kind of is a big deal, see, one of my suitcases broke on my way home from school, so i kind of needed to replace that one. i knew that God would take care of it, and He definitely did. i'm always amazed at the ways that He choses to reveal Himself around this time of year.

now, i sit here in my room on what would normally be a quiet night, but my house is full of noise. i can hear my mom's tv as she's falling asleep to the sound of whatever's on, and i can hear my brother playing WOW (world of warcraft), and i hear kacey, justin, and daniel catching up on life downstairs and listening to music and just being loud teenage boys. it's great to hear all of these sounds. my house hasn't been this full for a long time.

i like to think that life can't get any better than this.

0 comments: