Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beauty

Alright, so I've decided that I want to begin some more natural things for a beauty routine. I've come across a few recipes for different things: shampoo/conditioner substitutes, face wash, masks, etc. Well, tonight I tried my first few - a honey facial mask and an olive oil deep conditioning treatment. And, my face feels amazing! My skin is so soft and moisturized. My hair is still wet, so I'm not sure about the hair, but I think I'm going to keep trying this stuff regularly and see what happens! When I run out of facewash I'm looking forward to trying an oil wash treatment and I'm looking forward to trying the other things as well.

As I write this, I realize that it makes me seem as though I'm some hippie Northwesterner - haha - I promise...I'm not wearing tie-dye shirts or hemp skirts. I'm still me, just thinking that this is the only body I have and that I don't need chemicals getting absorbed into my body through my skin. I'm already careful about what I eat, so why not be careful about what I put on my skin?

0 comments: