Thursday, October 06, 2011

Prayer, Going Home

This week has been a stressful one, but one that has been bathed in prayer. As I move forward in the week, I know that there is no way I'd move through this week without that prayer.

Over the weekend, I went to a church service where they challenged us to work on the characteristics of a disciple, and one of those was prayer. My friends and I were talking afterwards, and we made a commitment with each other to daily be in prayer for our church and our pastor. Our church is going through some struggles right now, and we have been having to make hard decisions about the church finances and other things. So, we began on Monday. We ask our pastor daily for specific prayer requests of the day, and we all have a time of day that we set aside to pray for him and his requests. It has been fantastic to have that time set aside all week when things have been so crazy. It has been a very growing week for me through everything.

Also on Monday, my Great Grandmother died. That was 2 months to the day after Jason died. It was hard that morning, but we are so happy for her. We are relieved for her. She has been ready to go for years. I can't imagine how fantastic her welcome into heaven was - her 2 daughters, her son-in-law, numerous friends, her sister, and her oldest great-grandson. She is free of pain and can freely walk. I can just picture her dancing in front of her Savior.

Life is funny sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing Emily on Friday. Then beginning my week-long trek around the state with my boss. It is going to be a long week.

0 comments: