Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The eulogy I never wanted to write...

Jason Taylor was an amazing young man, and I had the privilege of being his younger sister. When we were younger, I was fairly sneaky and would do things to get him in trouble. I remember as a young child getting frustrated with him and pinching myself hard enough to leave a mark and telling mom that Jason did it. Sorry about that, Jason. I remember vividly the time that we broke my bedroom door and made mom so mad that she didn't yell - we were terrified (and still are). But what I remember the most is how our relationship changed that year that you went away to college. You were still my older brother, but something about that distance made you my friend, and I count myself lucky to have been your friend.

Where we used to fight over small things, we were finding common ground. I loved making time in my crazy busy schedule to have coffee with you and just talk. When I went away to school, our relationship changed again, and the brother/sister relationship was less visible. I remember being so happy about moving home because I would get to see you, my friend, more often. This past year of me being back on this side of the country changed our relationship again. We went through some ups and downs in life, and our friendship began to greatly outweigh the brother/sister relationship. We would talk about everything and you would tell me when I was being ridiculous...FYI - I was a little ridiculous this week, but you already knew that I'm sure. Sorry if you were trying to yell at me for that...

I will miss you. Your smile, your hugs, your laughter. I will miss you coming into my office to help us out with different projects. I will miss being able to call you up when I've had a bad day. I know that you are better off where you are and I wouldn't wish you back from there, but I miss you here.

Love you much and always will, Chelsey

0 comments: