Friday, August 26, 2011

Simple Things

The past couple mornings, I have begun by getting coffee at my favorite little coffee shop. I'm convinced that it is a great way to begin my days. If only I had enough money to do this every morning...maybe someday, but definitely not right now. Yesterday's coffee adventure was with a good friend who lives several hours south of here now, and it was great to talk with him about what is going on in his life and how he is doing after the loss of Jason (also a good friend of his). Today's coffee adventure includes me, a cup of amazing coffee, my Kindle, and my computer - all getting ready for a shift working at the State Fair and then finishing out my work day at the office followed by running home and making myself look wedding presentable because one of my childhood friends is getting married today! (And, I have to say it's about time...they have been dating for at least 7 years.)

Looking forward to tomorrow - spending all day with my mom! I haven't seen her in a couple weeks, but tomorrow, her husband is going to Seattle with one of his kids, so she and I are spending the day together! It is going to be a good time - even though part of it is supposed to be us going through some of my boxes to see what to get rid of and what to keep.

I'm thinking that I'm going to begin saving to start Seminary...or a graduate program of some sort. I think that is my next step. I don't know where I will attend (online...I'm not going to quit my job for this), but I know that I have been talking about Seminary since before graduation, and I'm thinking it is time to begin making moves in that direction.

0 comments: