Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 2: What is something that makes you uniquely you?

There are a lot of things that I think make me who I am. I have an intense love of coffee - enough that I've passed it along to other people. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, and yet, I feel most at home when I'm surrounded by southern accents in the disgusting heat and humidity of the South. I have a love of the outdoors, but only when I'm in the mood for it. One day, I'll wear jeans and Chaco sandals and the next day I'll wear a completely girly dress with fabulous heels (today, I'm wearing the jeans and Chacos with pearl earrings and something fancy in my hair).

I come from a culture of people who spend much time outside and hiking, but I would prefer to be curled up with a book on the couch. I love candles and the peace and calm that can be felt when in a room surrounded by candles.

But, I guess, one of the things that just makes me me, would be that I love sitting in this certain coffee shop in my town early in the morning. And, when I say early, I mean early - like before 6am. It is amazing. There are these older men who are there discussing the latest news, and there is just something about that environment that I love. If I could afford to be there every morning, I would, but more often than not I have to get my coffee fix at work. I love going to this coffee shop and listening to the quiet music and the conversation of these men while reading my Bible and just soaking in the words of my Savior. He is the greatest way to start my day, and it is made even better with a good cup of coffee.




31.jpg




She Breathes Deeply


0 comments: