Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 10: What is God teaching you as a woman?

God is teaching me much right now. I'm learning a lot about becoming completely His - letting Him rule in my heart and my life. In surrendering things to Christ, I've noticed that I don't mind when things don't go the way that I thought they would.

For example, about a month ago, I lost my iPod, and it was near the beginning of this process - honestly, I didn't care. I was a little bummed, but I decided that it would all be okay. I really only used it while I was flying, and while I did have a couple plane trips planned, I was just not going to stress about it. I couldn't even really remember where I had it last, so I wasn't sure where to look. I borrowed my brother's iPod for my trips, and that was great. Then, last night, my I got an email from this girl who had found my iPod and found my email address on it and decided to email me and let me know that she had it and that she would like to return it to me. Seriously? There are still decent people in the world!

God is constantly teaching me things about Him and the way that He works. I also have a Bible passage engraved on the back of my iPod - John 8:1-11, "They went each to his own house, but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?" This they said to test him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, "Woman where are they? Has no one condemned you?" She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more."

I had the opportunity to talk with this girl about this passage (through texting, so not completely in depth) and I am hoping to have more opportunities to talk with her in the future.

I know that there was a reason I was supposed to lose my iPod, and I know that it was on purpose that Gracie found it. God used this simple thing of losing an iPod to bring Gracie into my path - I have been praying for an opportunity to reach out to someone and share Christ with them, and I'm thinking that this just might be that opportunity. I'm excited to see what it is that God is going to do.




31.jpg




She Breathes Deeply

0 comments: