Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 8: Have a beauty secret? Share please!

Well, I don't really know that I have any beauty secrets. I am not big into makeup (I used to be but got lazy while in college and it hasn't kicked back in yet and I'm not sure that it ever will), not that I don't wear any, but it just just the basics.

I guess what I can say is figure out what it is that you like and just do it. I have people say to me all the time, "Wow! You look amazing, but I could never pull that off!" And I'm wearing something like a dress with leggings. Now, while I will admit that I have seen some girls that I would have preferred to see in more clothing than they were wearing, I am a big advocate of wearing what you like and doing your makeup how you like. If you like it, you're going to rock it! This is because when people see you in it, they will see the confidence that you exude because you LOVE what you are wearing. It is impossible to please everyone, and I say, as long as it isn't going against the Bible, rock on!

I'm also just going to add this little clause: Many girls wear things that they like, but they like it for the wrong reasons. Maybe someone likes something because it shows off some skin and they get attention for that. Well, I'm here to tell you that that is a completely wrong reason to wear something. As a Christian, you need to be wearing things that are honoring to God. I know that not everyone who reads on here is a Christian, but these are my beliefs. We, as Christians are called to not make our brothers in Christ stumble, and skin on a girl is something that definitely crosses that line. We, as women of God, need to be protecting our brothers and showing them that we love them by covering ourselves up! There have been times when I've been able to see straight down a woman's shirt, and if I notice, I know that all of the guys have noticed. This should not be! We should be honoring God with what we wear and what we use for makeup. Makeup should enhance the beauty that God gave us, not try and change us into who someone else thinks we should be.

**Stepping down off my soap box now**




31.jpg




She Breathes Deeply

0 comments: